- Category: About Us
- Published on Thursday, 05 May 2011 10:52
- Hits: 4774
THE LGBT VOICE SINCE 1978
QVegas has served as the voice of the LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) community in southern Nevada since its inception in 1978 as the Bohemian Bugle. Over the past three decades, QVegas has remained a constant force in the LGBT community, both within the Las Vegas area and the world at large.
Every issue of QVegas presents a wide variety of content of interest to our diverse readership, both local and tourist alike:
- Feature articles include human-interest stories, celebrity interviews, political pieces and tales of activism as well as coming out stories.
- Regular departments provide readers with op-ed commentaries, health tips, relationship advice, music reviews, previews of upcoming books and films, local and national LGBT news, updates on local organizations and much more. Most popular among readers are the nightlife and event photo pages, a voyeuristic look into the Las Vegas LGBT population.
- A community event calendar, club guide and other information on what to see and do while in Sin City.
Throughout the year, issues of QVegas focus on exciting and relevant themes of interest to the LGBT community as a whole as well as our local population and events:
• The Visiting Vegas Issue • The Love & Marriage Issue • The Health & Beauty Issue • The Diversity Issue • The Swimsuit Issue • The Pets & People Issue • The Women & Youth Issue • The Arts & Culture Issue • The Pride Issue • The Coming Out Issue • The Holiday Issue • The Year in Review
QVegas is present in hotels in Las Vegas as well as book- stores, high-end retail, nightclubs, restaurants and service businesses throughout Nevada, California and the entire Southwest. Our subscription list is growing rapidly each month with subscribers as far away as Europe. With Las Vegas as the number two travel destination in the United States for gays and lesbians, QVegas is sought out worldwide before visitors arrive, putting your business at customers’ fingertips before any others.
With it's entertaining and informative content QVegas is regarded by many as one of the top regional LGBT magazines in the U.S. In fact, QVegas was honored as a finalist in the alternative lifestyles category of 2005’s Maggie Awards, presented yearly by the Western Publications Association.